Hi,

>> Yes, big help. That did it, using the default scores. This was
>> written a number of years ago. Do you think it's still safe to use
>> the default scores?
>
> NO!
>
> I put some of the (previously) better-performing chickenpox rules into
> my sandbox a while ago to investigate this.  It's still there:

Okay, great, thanks for the follow-up. I'll be sure to not use those
and concentrate on the URL shortener improvements.

> Somebody on this list wrote a parser to actually parse shorteners to
> their obscured URLs.

That would sure be great. I hadn't seen that, but would like to know
more about it. Sounds like a better solution...

> I've checked in a test at r935257  http://tinyurl.com/sa-r935257  (using
> a shortened link seemed appropriate here).  This adds two rules,
> URL_SHORTENER (which detects a known URL shortening service) and
> SHORT_URL (which notices a particularly short ccTLD link that does NOT
> use a known shortening service).

That's great. I still need to learn more about how masschecks works to
understand the output from what you've posted, but will continue to
follow it.

Thanks,
Alex