Bowie Bailey wrote:

> aquero wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   When i checked the third party softwares for spam-assassin i found many
>> custom rule sets. Do I have to install these rule sets manually? If I
>> perform sa-update, will it will include all these rule sets into my
>> spam-assassin rules list?
>
> Before you start adding a bunch of 3rd party rules, I would reactivate
> the RBL checks.  Those will catch much more spam than any of the other
> rulesets.  Also, you definitely want to bump your required_score back to
> 5 before you start adding more rules.
>
> That being said, these are the rules that I use (in addition to the
> stock rules and RBL lists):
>
> razor2
> dcc
> sought
> khop-bl
> khop-blessed
> khop-general
> khop-sc-neighbors
> Botnet
> FreeMail
> iXhash
>
> Sought and the khop rules can be updated via sa-update.
>
> --
> Bowie

Thanks for your suggestions. But in my project i would like to use only free
rule sets. When i searched about the rules you specified ,razor2 and dcc
seems to be paid rule sets.Can you please suggest any free alternatives for
these rules? and I would like to know the minimum cost of these rules?
Thanks again for your suggestions..:)