On 6/11/10 10:42 AM, Andy Dills wrote:

We felt the amount of money being asked for was unreasonable, as we felt
we likely wouldn't see an increase in spam if we turned them off.

should I mention that the (optional) reputation based dcc.pm (which is supported in SA 3.3.x) is really CHEAP? (no, I don't work for them, don't own part of them, don't get commissions from them, and yes, you need to download and recompile a new dccd client/and/or server) If you do less than 100K in queries per day (100K passing through SA), you don't even need to run your own servers. > 100K, the bandwidth would suggest that you would want to run one or more caching DCC servers in your network.

I would use spamhaus if their costs were similar to rhyolites for the commercial dcc.

<http://www.rhyolite.com/dcc/reputations.html>

(yes, spamhaus, when you told us we were in non-compliance, we tried, several times to contact you to try to license it, and we got ignored. we only know of the costs via third parties who reported it. we admin we have no direct knowledge of the costs because you never responded to our requests for pricing)

look at the DCC rules for a hint at the new features.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
> *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

   * Certified SNORT Integrator
   * Best Anti-Spam Product 2008, Network Products Guide
   * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008

This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap(r). For Information please see http://www.secnap.com/products/spammertrap/ ______________________________________________________________________