Hey all,

In my spamc config file I have:

-d 72.9.101.140
-l
--connect-retries=10
--retry-sleep=30

However, procmail scripts that I was using to report, via "spamc -C report", were simply returning the message.

When I added -d 72.9.101.140, the message was properly reported.

The manpage states:

"Existing command line switches will override any settings in the configuration file."

What I took from this was that if I specified, say, -d on the command line, it would override what's in the file. But what this really seems to mean is that you need to specify ALL options when using the command line.

In other words, your command line can be really long (specifying all options from the command line, plus all options that would be in your config file) or really short (spamc or spamd -F configfile).

Is this by design? With most other programs, it would seem only the options specified on the command line would be overridden (like -d 127.0.0.1 in my example above).

-Dan