On 12/07/10 00:37, Michelle Konzack wrote:
Hello Ned Slider,

For me, that would be caught by dbl.spamhaus.org as a blacklisted
sender domain during the smtp connection.

Is this not included in<zen>?

No, it's a separate list purely for domains, not IPs. SpamAssassin 3.3.1 does add support to query dbl.spamhaus.org, but I think it only queries it for URIs.

To quote Spamhaus:

"The DBL is both a domain URI Blocklist and RHSBL. It is intended primarily for message body URI checks but it can additionally be used for connection checks at the SMTP level and header domain checks (HELO, connecting IP rDNS domain, From & Reply-To domains, Message-ID domain) and other checks involving domains."

I'm see hits against sender domains in dbl.spamhaus.org for IP addresses that aren't yet listed on zen so querying at the smtp level in addition to zen is beneficial.

But as we know, defence in depth, so not to detract from the rules Karsten and others are assisting with elsewhere in this thread :-)