On 28.07.10 08:28, keithcommins wrote:
> > Thanks for the quick response Matus.

Uh, are you aware of what is quoting and why it is used?
You entered your own text quoted as if I wrote this, which makes it hard to
distinguish which is yours and which is mine.

> > Cool , so whitelist_from_rcvd is applicable to whitelisting internal
> > mail??

as I said, it is not. you can whitelist only mail coming from remote
network, your mail did not.

> >> Couple of things to note , we use Active Directory which means the FQDN
> >> name
> >> of all our machines end in *.local rather than *.com. Should the
> >> whitelist_rcvd reflect this in any way??
> >
> > I don't see any .local in this mail, show us Received: lines with .local
> > hostnames.

> > I'm afraid there isn't any in the header, but I have tried running
> > spamassassin with both .local and .com. in the local.cf.
> > Would I be right in saying that spamassassin takes the mail domain name (
> > *.com ) to whitelist any incoming mail rather than normal Active Directory
> > FQDN ( as said previously *.local )??

spamassassin uses what is in the mail headers, it rarely does anything with
them (it resolves hostnames in Received: headers added by some MTAs).

However it's irelevant here since the whitelisting can't apply.
Christian Science Programming: "Let God Debug It!".