On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 14:17 +0300, Henrik K wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 11:38:50AM +0100, Martin Gregorie wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-08-05 at 14:00 -0500, Matthew Kitchin (public/usenet)
> > wrote:
> > > Thanks. We are looking at roughly 70,000 names and always growing. If I
> > > gave it sufficient hardware, would you expect that to be practical, or
> > > is that totally ridiculous? Any options for a database look up here?
> > >
> > I'd use a plugin that simply queries the database plus a rule to
> > activate the plugin by calling its eval() method and sets the score if
> > the rule fires.
>
> Queries database for what? I guess you didn't read the thread fully. :-)

Queries the patient data DB for patient names - obviously. I made the
offer because I found it useful to be able to modify an existing plugin
that queried a database. Exactly what the SQL query does in largely
irrelevant. I found that the difficult bit was working out to how to
configure the plugin to access my database. Constructing the query and
interpreting its result were relatively easy.

Martin