Benny Pedersen <m...@junc.org> wrote on 08/23/2010 02:45:07 PM:

> > The domain in question is nawilliams.com.  This is the SPF record:
> >
> > "v=spf1 mx ptr ~all"
>
> ptr is unsafe to use in spf
>
> ~all means domain owner dont know what thay are doing

I figured as much.  What I don't understand is why this is coming up as
SPF_FAIL instead of SPF_SOFTFAIL.  My understanding is the ~all in the SPF
record should be seen as a soft fail or is there something in the rule
that overrides this if ptr is used.

> here softfail give from mta defer_if_permit <reseaon>
>
> send a email to postmaster and show your logs about the softfail
> problem, thay will thank you for helping :)

Thanks.  I am trying to contact the mail administrator through the user to
get them to correct their SPF record.

Neil