On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 22:55 +0100, John Horne wrote:

> I grabbed a copy of the above plugin and tried it this afternoon (on a
> CentOS 5.5 system). We log all our spamd messages to /var/log/maillog
> via syslog. For the plugin I disabled all the options except
> 'url_shortener_syslog' which was set to 1.
>
> After restarting SpamAssassin we started to get some messages from spamd
> sent to /var/log/mailog and some sent to /var/log/messages.

Hello,

Well I suspect the problem is with the Sys::Syslog perl module. On our
CentOS 5.5 system we have perl 5.8 with version 0.13 of the module (this
is quite old). My Fedora 13 PC uses perl 5.10 with version 0.27 of the
module (the latest version). However, it seems there is a bug with that
version which causes it to ignore the facility - (fix here)

I have left the plugin enabled, but without using the syslog options.

I have had a look at the (0.13) syslog module, but can't really see
where the problem is. If I get more time, then I may try and debug it
further.

John.

--
John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001