On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 23:37 -0700, Gnanam wrote:
> My question is, though SA reports 2.8 points at the top, on summing-up each
> points from the Content analysis details, it is only 2.7 points.  Why SA is
> reporting/showing an increase by 0.1 point from its Content analysis details
> points sum?

The report truncates scores to one decimal point. Your report shows
several low scoring rules as 0.0 when they're almost certainly in the
range 0.01 to 0.09. Scores of +/-0.01 are commonly used for rules that
are used as meta components but shouldn't otherwise affect the score.

There's a clue staring yo in the face: NO-RELAYS will certainly have a
low negative score: -0.0 is an impossible value but the sort of thing
that truncating a value of -0.01 would give.

> Here is the
> Content analysis details:   (2.8 points, 5.0 required)
>
>  pts rule name              description
> -0.0 NO_RELAYS              Informational: message was not relayed via SMTP
>  0.0 NORMAL_HTTP_TO_IP      URI: Uses a dotted-decimal IP address in URL
>  0.7 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_20     BODY: HTML: images with 1600-2000 bytes of words
>  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE           BODY: HTML included in message
>  1.1 MIME_HTML_ONLY         BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts
>  0.6 HTML_MIME_NO_HTML_TAG  HTML-only message, but there is no HTML tag
>  0.3 HTML_SHORT_LINK_IMG_3  HTML is very short with a linked image
> -0.0 NO_RECEIVED            Informational: message has no Received headers

Martin