----- Original Message ----- From: "RW" <rwmailli...@googlemail.com>
Sent: Saturday, 2010/December/04 08:08

On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 12:44:37 +0100
Bernd Petrovitsch <be...@petrovitsch.priv.at> wrote:

C/R is only means to make it move your own effort over to others.

The really "interesting" case is if both sides choose to require C/R
to get the first mail delivered.
Which should be a clear sign to everyone that C/R is basically a bad
idea.

That's only a problem in very naive C/R systems. It can be solved by
using a time-limited disposable address in the envelope "mail from".
The recipient's challenge goes to the disposable address which bypasses
the senders own C/R system. Some mailservers already do this because it
eliminates almost all backscatter while allowing remotely generated
legitimate DSNs to pass.
Infuriating advocates of C/R pretty much have an answer for everything.
If a benign dictator imposed a well thought-out scheme on everyone, it
would probably work very well.

At the moment though spam isn't that much of a problem, and C/R is more
trouble than it's worth.