On Fri, 10 Dec 2010, Marc Perkel wrote:

On 12/8/2010 6:26 PM, John Hardin wrote:
 On Wed, 8 Dec 2010, Marc Perkel wrote:

> Hitting the tarbaby server by itself doesn't get you listed. I have > ways of detecting spambots only.

 "tarbaby" has a very different connotation: that it is a TCP or SMTP
 tarpit. This will make people nervous to use it.

It's not just a tarpit.

"It's not _just_ a tarpit"? Is it a tarpit _at all_? Do you understand exactly what is meant by the term "tarpit"?

If it _is_ a tarpit, no sane admin would put it as _any_ of their MXs...

It builds the hostkarma blacklist.

I'm aware of that, but that is distinct from being a tarpit, which is what I'm trying to clarify.

Karsten, is this OT enough to be squelched?

  Where are my space habitats? Where is my flying car?
  It's 2010 and all I got from the SF books of my youth is
  the lousy dystopian government.                         -- perlhaqr
 5 days until Bill of Rights day