On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:50:56 -0800
Marc Perkel <supp...@junkemailfilter.com> wrote:

> My idea doesn't preclude you from having a "bad yahoo" list and
> adding points. I'm just saying that when it comes to checking other
> blacklists to see if any yahoo server is listed it's a waste of
> resources. If it's a yahoo server of any flavore why look it up on
> the blacklists?

Well, if you use our DNSBL, you'll find some Yahoo servers listed as
bad and some as good.  (Our DNSBL is not publicly available, but in
principle there could be a trustworthy publicly-available list that
uses the same listing criteria as ours.)

Giving Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. servers a free pass will simply shift spammer
economics in favour of CAPTCHA-breaking and/or phishing to obtain freemail
credentials.  That won't do anyone any good.

Regards,

David.