Le 04/01/2011 17:01, Rob McEwen a écrit :
I've thought this through and... best case scenario is that spammers
then get 5+ years of play time because it will take at least that time
for those other techniques to catch up. Great damage will happen in the
meantime.

That scenario assumes rapid adoption of IPv6 by consumer-oriented ISPs (since most spam is sent via botnets on consumer PCs), and I'm not at all convinced we'll see that happening fast despite the imminent exhaustion of IPv4 address space. Instead, IMO, IPv6 will be deployed to end users only very gradually, giving the anti-spam community plenty of time to keep pace with new spamming techniques.

John.

--
-- Over 4000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - www.tradoc.fr