Hi,

I have searched thoroughly for any information on the above constellation, but
have not found anything useful.

We have spamassassin running on a gateway server delivering mail to users on an
exchange 2010 server. Sometimes spam gets through, and I would like for users
to be able to send that spam to sa-learn.

I set up a forwaring scheme and that works fine. But reading around on the
internets, people seem to warn about that kind of setup, because From-fields on
the forwarded mails belong to users and that can mark them as spammers. People
recommends to either redirect the spam to sa-learn or move it to a public
folder and have some sort of IMAP-mechanism pick it up and deliver it to
sa-learn.

There are a number of problems with those recommendations on exchange 2010: You
can no longer resend mail that was not directly sent to you (or some other
rule, the gist is that most spam cannot be resent), and there is no longer IMAP
access to public folders (I am led to believe).

The forwarding method is very convenient and uses a method that users are
already intimate with, so there is no need to teach them new things. So my
question is: Can I continue doing this? How bad is it that the users' names
gets marked adversely in the bayesian database, when all outgoing mail is
whitelisted because of trusted sources?

Lars