On 5/19/11 7:55 PM, "Rapitharian" <rapithar...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> RW-15
> Can you help me some?  I am not even a novice in writing/reading regular
> expressions.
> What is this doing? X-Relay-Countries=~
> /^([^[:alpha:]]*(GB|US)[^[:alpha:]]*)+$/

Start at the beginning of the line.
Match zero or more non-alpha characters, followed by GB or US,
Follow that with zero or more non-alpha characters
match the previous pattern 1 or more times.
Follow with the end of a line.

Since the non-alpha characters will always be a single space, and there is
never a space in the first column, this would be more easily written as:

But there are two special cases that need to be considered:
XX - private address space
** - addresses unassigned at the time the cc.gif file was last updated.

So, you may want to add those "countries" into the inner match...  Note that
** would need to be escaped as \*\*

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281