"Karsten Bräckelmann" <guent...@rudersport.de> wrote in message news:1307971023.4766.8.camel@monkey...
On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 13:21 +0200, Jezz wrote:
> Yes, works. Regardless of using symlinks, a copy of the cf file, or
> include'ing it from another config file -- the target will be read
> again.
>
> But don't just take my word for it -- see for yourself!
>
>  spamassassin --lint -D config

Looking at the output in the attached file, I can see the 'sought-rules.cf'
file, which I created inside my 'rules' directory, there on line 20. It's
getting read *after* the files inside the default_rules directory (lines
7-11), which is good.

What's confusing me is that lines 21 onwards show the individual .cf files
getting loaded from inside each of the channel subdirectories in
default_rules. And this is *after* my sought-rules.cf file gets loaded. So does that mean the stock rules are still overriding the sought rules? Or am
I misinterpreting the output here?

Have a close look at the output again. In particular search for all
lines containing "sought".

You'll see the actual sought channel's contents being loaded -- twice.
Right before the stock rules, and again as the very last cf files being
read.

Does that answer the question? ;)

Oh yeah, look at that - silly me!

**slaps palm on forehead**