On 20/06/2011 11:55 PM, Dave Wreski wrote:
Hi,

I have an existing v3.3.2 on fedora14 (perl v5.12.3) that I'm trying
to convert bayes to use mysql. The restore process fails after a few
minutes due to too many errors:

dbg: bayes: error inserting token for line: t 1 0 1308114254 4fd2b3f2f0
dbg: bayes: _put_token: Updated an unexpected number of rows.
[repeats ...]
Did you make the backup using 3.3.2 as well?

Yes, and the bdb was originally created just recently using a v3.3.2 pre-release as well. I also made sure the bdb was synced before trying to do the backup.

Thanks,
Dave

Was it made using the very same version though?

I don't know what to tell you. I've never seen this issue myself, it sounds like a corrupt backup or bug in the restore.

When I did it, I used the instructions found at the end of this file

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/branches/3.3/sql/README.bayes

On cPanel servers, exim and such generally run as the mailnull user, so I had to set

bayes_sql_override_username mailnull

Once that was done, I restored the backup and it has worked flawlessly since.

- Lawrence