On 07/13/2011 02:43 PM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 14:06 +0200, J4K wrote:
>
> I assume you tested it as well as running it through lint ("spamassassin
> <spam_sample.txt"), so is it firing on samples of that type of spam?
>
> Comments: As written the rule won't work because __PR2 assumes that the
> domain name starts at the beginning of the URI but you said that the
> URIs typically contain a user name and '@'. Also, I'd probably
> generalise __PR2 to something like:
>
> uri  __PR2 /(joblists.com|gb-totaljob.com)/i
>
> on the assumption that when you wrote 'europ-joblist.com' you meant
> 'europ-joblists.com'. This change will probably run faster and possibly
> catch more spam too, especially if there is a Canadian or Scandinavian
> office.
>

> Martin

Thank-you Martin.  I modified the rule as suggested. I

I ran it through spamassassin > test.txt, but the rule was not triggered
even though the Subject was: Vacancy - apply online, and the content
contained the email address: tren...@totaljoblists.net
I looked with -D, and there is no mention of PRIVATE_RULE1.

Odd.