On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 18:45:38 -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:

That's a good idea except that I'm using pdns-recursor for my caching
nameservers.

yes, i begin to know bind after some big nameservers still have 2.0.0.0/8 acl'ed in, its just alot of domains admins that belive its my foult and sit back doing nothing that makes me wonder how such admins can survived jobs ?

i try to report dns problems directly as i see them, and only for domains i like to have working, most helpfull debug is:

dig +trace telia.dk

with here shows timeout and non responding nameservers, after i put telia.dk and telia.com in named as forward zone then no problem, no i do not solve there problem with rfc-ignorants, are you sure pdns cant solve it ? :)