On 8/13/2011 6:18 AM, Michael Scheidell wrote:
On 8/13/11 8:53 AM, John Levine wrote:
We all know what he does. But if he's running into Spamhaus' rate limits,
he's making a lot of queries.

R's,
John
I wanted to buy spamhaus rsync feeds. our CFO looked at the contract, where Spamhaus said they could disable the feed without notice if they wanted to. (if they suspected you got hacked, were selling it, were a spammer, weren't protecting it, allowed public access to it).

CFO told me we could not pay for something that could be disabled without notice. Especially when I told him what would happen if we relied upon it, and it was disabled. (you rsync data goes blank... )

I can understand them not wanting someone to give away public access to it, or to resell it, but I also would think some notice, or a phone call to ask what is going on would be in order before cutting something this critical off.

Spamhaus needs to get out of 'everyone is my enemy' mode, but then again, they get/got sued so much that they can't tell the difference between a client and an enemy.

ps, idiot sonicwall firewalls enable the spamhaus RBL queries for anything that hits port 25. even if you didn't know it. If you get a spamhaus notice, and arn't pulling spamhaus rbls from their DNS, look at your sonicwall.

That's what is annoying about Spamhaus. They want to be pay - no problem. But f it's built into firewalls and SA it should be easy to disable so those of us who don't want it can turn it off.

They have a good list. If they priced it right I'd probably go for it. But I have no idea how many email accounts I'm processing. I process thousands of domains. I even give free backup MX services to an unknown number of domains. I don't know how to even calculate what it would cost.

--
Marc Perkel - Sales/Support
supp...@junkemailfilter.com