On Wed, 12 Oct 2011, David B Funk wrote:

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011, Bowie Bailey wrote:

The example I gave was taken from a newsletter where the url was
hidden.  Almost all email newsletters that I have seen do the same
thing.  Currently, most of the spam I'm seeing does not attempt to hide
the url at all.

Not too many spam do that but almost all phish that I've seen do.

The point being that the number of legitimate messages that obfuscate
the URL renders this potential antiphish technique too FP prone to
be trustworthy. (sigh).

Possibly as one factor in a set of phishy signs...

  Vista: because the audio experience is *far* more important than
  network throughput.
 307 days since the first successful private orbital launch (SpaceX)