Hi,

I have an idea to discuss here with experts !

What is the main MAIN difference between spam and ham ?
Answer: spam is "one way ticket" and ham is 99.99% "round trip" !
(legit notifications can be "one way ticket" but you can mark them as
ham later)

What do I mean? you never never answer (or it is really strange) a
spam message. Average users, who someone said that are stupid and more
stupid when they are in front of a machine, also dont respond to a
spammy message. At least if they are marked as spam.

So the idea is...in this days where the ratio of spam/ham is about 80%
(put the ratio you want but be sure it is high enough) lets start with
marking all incomings as spam !

Past days when the ratio of spam/ham was 5% or 10% it was quite logic
that the reverse was true. That is, all incomings were ham and we
tried with a lot of methods to extract or mark the bad emails!
We spent 15 years (up to now) with the Presumption of innocence
analogy of "Everyone charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed
innocent until proved guilty according to law". This approach is
wasting a lot of resources because of the high spam/ham ratio!

Nowdays its easier to invert the logic!
*mark all incomings as spam the first time
*check spam folder always
...just answer emails to the people you allways comunicates as you
always did. Here you round the trip and legitimate the sender !

For this we need a modified version of SA autowhitelist not based on
scores but on trusted or answered emails !

Flaws ?
False positives....yes, ONLY the first time for each sender! just
answer your good mails and they´ll become ham next time. Mails not
answered (spam) remains as spam next and next and next !
False negatives...yes, if someone impersonates in the From: as someone
trusted by you (phising). But this could be reduced using the same
methods as autowhitelist uses keeping in a DB pairs of senders - IPs.
Greylists also uses DBs like this.

So, what do we have to waste resources on tons of rules, tons of perl
code, tons of regex if we know that 80% is spam? lets mark all of them
as spam and let this method work!

Time to think in a new antispam paradigm !

Cheers