On 02.12.11 15:52, Benny Pedersen wrote:
if rbldnsd does only UDP will not give problems for bind local cache, or isp remote dns servers in forwards ?

I don't think so.

hope rbldns hosters dont sleep here

2 ways of workaround is:

work around what?

1: use rbldnsd to dump zone to bind.zone (Gigaram usage)

I doubt rbldns is able to dump zone content.
many DNSBL providers support also BIND format.
Note that BIND takes much more RAM space

2: let bind use forwards zones to rbldnsd master (Megaram usage)

we use that, but ... what are you talking about? rbldns is not recursive, so even if we did not, it's BIND who'd query rbldnsd, not clients

todo ipv6 in rbldnsd

while talking about ipv6 queries, not a big problem. However, with ipv6 blacklisting will apparently look different...
Posli tento mail 100 svojim znamim - nech vidia aky si idiot
Send this email to 100 your friends - let them see what an idiot you are