Mozafar,

> Spamassassin version: 3.3.0
> OS: Debian Lenny
> SA called by Amavis through its command, so NOT using spamc/spamd.
>
> I've two separate servers: One contains SMTP/IMAP/POP3 servers and
> (virtual) user maildirs. And another has Amavisd-new along with
> SpamAssassin and anti-virus installed. As you know, Amavis gets mail from
> MTA and scans it by calling SA and anti-virus, then returning the result
> (mail, response, tagged mail...) to MTA.
>
> The question is:
> Can I use Spamassassin user preferences stored on SQL database with this
> configuration?

Yes, since 2.7.0 :
- per-recipient (or per- policy bank) SpamAssassin configuration files or
  SQL configuration sets are supported (@sa_userconf_maps), and per-recipient
  SQL Bayes database usernames (@sa_username_maps);

For details search release notes for:

- per-recipient (or per- policy bank, or global) SpamAssassin configuration
[...]
- added a global configuration setting $sa_num_instances with a default
[...]
- per-recipient (or per- policy bank) SpamAssassin SQL database usernames
[...]

There are some caveats: configuration switching overhead,
global scope of SpamAssassin rules set (not scoped to a
SpamAssassin instance object).

  Mark