On 27/02/12 13:55, RW wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 11:48:50 +0100
> Simon Loewenthal wrote:
>

>>     Recently I enabled shortcircuit for ham on a server because Bayes
>> seems reasonably well trained. It works well.
>>
>> I noticed that emails that did not hit BAYES_00 (so no shortcircuit)
>> were not autolearnt by SA. Even though these were well below the
>> autolearn threshold of -1.
>>
>> In the example below, the score was -7.8.  Below this, the bayes
>> settings in the local.cf are listed.  A score of beneath -1 should
>> have been autolearnt.
>>
>> No, score=-7.8 required=5.0 tests=DCC_CHECK,RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI,
>> RCVD_IN_RP_CERTIFIED,RCVD_IN_RP_SAFE,SPF_PASS,T_RP_MATCHES_RCVD,URI_HEX
>> shortcircuit=no autolearn=unavailable version=3.3.1
>> Ham that shortcircuits has autolearn=disabled, which makes sense to me
>> as it is already in Bayes.
> Correctly identified isn't the same as "in Bayes", it's presumably
> because its not considered safe to autolearn on a incomplete set
> of rules.
>
> autolearn=unavailable means that there was some problem with
> accessing Bayes - note that there is no BAYES_* hit at all in the test
> list, it's not just that it lacks BAYES_00.
>
> I think this might be due to an auto-expiry. Try setting
> "bayes_auto_expire  0"    and running "sa-learn  --force-expire"  from
> cron in the middle of the night. This is considered best-practice in
> any case.
BAYES_00 and BAYES_99 hit on other ham/spam without any problem. Only
then the result will mention autolearn=disabled instead of
autolearn=unavailable.  I don't follow why it would be unavailable for
non-shortcirtcuited emails, but disabled for shortcircuited emails.
It has to have accessed the Bayes dB in order to score with BAYES_00/50/99.

Best time me to run sa-learn  --force-expire is this evening, as only US
time zones are using the server. The main users are in Oceania and the EU.

Cheers,

             PGP is optional: 4BA78604
             simon @ klunky  .     org
             simon @ klunky  .   co.uk