The software used to generate the sought rules, or perhaps an old version
of it, is in the spamassassin source tree.  You can feed it a folder of
known non-spams, and a folder of known spams, and it'll auto-generate rules
that hit the spams but not the non-spams.

Ah, I documented it some here:
https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/WritingRules

svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/trunk
cd trunk/masses/rule-dev
./seek-phrases-in-corpus ham:dir:~/Maildir/
spam:dir:~/Maildir/.bad.spam-missed/