On Wed, 15 Aug 2012, Jim Schueler wrote:

Is there such a rule?

No, not at present.

Can I write one (I consider myself a bit of a Perl wonk)?

Sure. Post it here and one of the rule committers can add it to their sandbox for testing against the masscheck corpora.

The problem with what you suggest is that having a different description in the displayed text for a link is extremely common.

If you can manage to write a regex that detects a link tag where the displayed text differs from the href _AND_ the displayed text is a URL, then it might be useful. Just triggering on displayed text != href is not useful.

  Maxim I: Pillage, _then_ burn.
 Today: the 67th anniversary of the end of World War II