To do sa-update with the default channel and the saught channel, I have a
cron job that does:

/usr/bin/sa-update --gpgkey 6C6191E3 --channel sought.rules.yerp.org --channel
updates.spamassassin.org

No, just grabbing a channel once will not cause sa-update to keep it up to
date on its own afterward.

--
"I don't want to die... just yet... not while there's... women."
- J. Matthew Root, 8/23/02 (http://www.jmrart.com/)