On 01/03/13 19:55, Alexandre Boyer wrote:
The famous 5 recipients...

I had a (very) few exceptions while having the very same pattern in
body. With 4 recipients instead of 5, and sometimes one among the 5 with
no To:address, just To:name, wich was harder to count...

I removed the similar rule as your __RP_D_00040 from my systems to avoid
false negatives.

And no FP for a long time on this rule (this is an old bot, first saw
last summer, but probably older but unnoticed).

The example I posted earlier today had 7 recipients listed in To: (sorry, I redacted them).

Rather than using a rule specifically for 5 recipients, I would use the existing __MANY_RECIPS rule in the meta rule.

That said, I just checked my example, and __MANY_RECIPS failed to fire. Here's the current rule:

header   __MANY_RECIPS          ToCc =~ /(?:\@[^@]{5,30}){3}/

Can someone explain the regex and why it fails to fire for 7 recipients?