On 20.04.13 15:18, Joe Acquisto-j4 wrote:
Looks as if I misunderstood something here.   I thought it was OK to forward,
as an attachment and SA/Bayes would
"figure it out".    I did think that curious, but, hey, what do I know?
That's obvious now . . . Anyway it made it easier for
me to feed bayes that way.

there's a "munpack" tool that should be able to extract attachments from
e-mail, so you should be able to feed those attachments (original messages)
to sa-learn, or even "spamassassin -r" (can report to systems like network
databases and SpamCop).

However, microsoft outlook used to strip some message headers when
forwarding it as attachment, so it's really better to use shared folders:
one for spam to learn, one for already learned spam, one for ham to learn
and one fot already learned ham. That way you can manually check what do
your users report (some users tend to report anything...).

Looks like I gotta learn to Samba.

This has nothing to do with samba.

I suppose I should clear bayes and start over, then?

apparently yes. But if yopu have stored messages that were feed into BAYES,
you can extract older attachments, would help at the begin.
Nothing is fool-proof to a talented fool.