>>> On 4/26/2013 at 7:50 PM, John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Apr 2013, Joe Acquisto-j4 wrote:
>
>> To feed "ham" to bayes, should one only user mis-flagged mail, or may
>> one use unflagged (below 5) mail?
>>
>> Expressed differently, can one feed "good" messages, "sa-learn --ham
>> path-to-ham " as one might feed missed spam, "sa-learn --spam
>> path-to-spam"
>
> You can train hams that have scored high (i.e. misclassified hams) and you
> can proactively train low-scoring mail to try to avoid problems in the
> first place.
>
> Simple rule: train any ham that doesn't hit BAYES_00.
>
> --
>   John Hardin KA7OHZ                    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/

Well, right now, there are no bayes hits at all.   I cleared bayes to re-train,
after
correcting for a botched initial scheme.

While I am getting a fair amount of missed spam, there is very little
mis-classified.

So I am looking for a way to speed up learning.

So, I could just feed a bunch of good mail, to --ham, and spam that is
correctly marked
as spam as well as missed spam, to --spam?

or do I need a rest?

joe a.