--On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:09 PM +0200 Axb <axb.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

sent reply directly, sotrry  - here's for the list
On 10/22/2013 10:33 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
I don't get the concern about VMW.  The vmw hosts are *my* MTAs and in
mynetworks.

mail.zimbra.com -> load balanced name for edge01-zcs.vmware.com,
edge02-zcs.vmware.com

The SPAM did not originate with my servers... It originated elsewhere.
This is rather clear:

[5.135.12.243]) by edge02-zcs.vmware.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 76999784
     for <>; Tue, 22 Oct 2013 11:27:05 -0700 (PDT)

pumpery.com is the originator of this spam.  I've blacklisted the from
in the meantime.

If pumpery.com was in the msg's body, the URIBL plugin should have
detected them
yet another snowshoer on OVH (5.135.12.128/25)
I hope, for your health, that you're going to blacklist every from in a
missed spam

     pumpery.com listed on black.uribl.com
     pumpery.com listed on jp.surbl.org
     pumpery.com listed on sc.surbl.org
     pumpery.com listed on dbl.spamhaus.org

You've missed the point.

mynetworks is not SA - it's Postfix and SA knows nothing about this
config option.

as you have SA configured, RBL lookups are done against the vmware IPs
and I doubt those will be blacklisted, anywhere.

So I've already confirmed this is *not* the case. My trusted_networks is correct as configured -- Yet spam that should be blacklisted by the RBLs continues to flow in.

So, how do I determine why SA is failing to correctly query the RBLs?

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Architect - Server