On 11/7/2013 6:00 PM, Owen Mehegan wrote:
> Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer!

fwiw, of the 4 spam examples, ivmURI had blacklisted one or more domains
in ALL 4 out of 4 samples at least several minutes BEFORE those spams
hit your server (some  days or weeks before).

In a large portion of those (1/2 or more), I'm fairly sure that ivmURI
was the ONLY URI/domain blacklist to have the domain blacklisted at the
time the message hit your network. (I'm unable to verify if DBL had
caught it at that time and/or some of those could have been "a game of
inches" where ivmURI and other lists had just listed it moments before
and it would be somewhat of a propagation issue... but, overall, I think
if I provided the date/times that these were blacklisted on ivmURI...
that assertion would "check out" and the raw data would be rather
impressive!)

If you keep seeing these, check the domains on multirbl.valli.org ...and
you'll see in real time what I'm talking about!

--
Rob McEwen
http://dnsbl.invaluement.com/