On Fri, 16 May 2014 16:20:21 -0400
Bowie Bailey <bowie_bai...@buc.com> wrote:

> Keep in mind that BAYES_50 and BAYES_60 still contribute positive
> scores by default.  Though it is technically a neutral result, it
> still adds a point or two to the score.

> Rather than messing with Bayes, I would focus on the spams you are
> seeing and try to find a common thread that you can use to make a
> custom rule or two to catch them.  If they all have similar garbage
> appended to them, there are probably other similarities you could
> find.

I have already made many such custom rules.  As I wrote, that's mostly
what I was working on this week :-(

For instance, I noticed many of them (but not all) put my address in the
Message-ID.  Some (but not all) use broken HTML template kits that
leave nice fingerprint marks in the body.  And so on.  But usually only
1 of them fires, at most - that is a 1.0 score, BAYES_50 is also around
1.0 I think, and that's about it - no RBL hits, no Razor or Pyzor hits.
And to add insult to injury they almost always hit RP_MATCHES_RCVD, for
a (locally modified) -0.15 boost.

So, these rules are helping, but not enough.  I am still getting about 1
unkilled spam an hour, which is too much for me.

Today I have enabled full auto-learning (prior to this, I had
bayes_auto_learn_on_error = 1).  Hopefully that will give Bayes much
more learning material.