On 06/09/2014 10:46 PM, Philip Prindeville wrote:
I’d like to add a plugin (and eventually share it once the bugs are
out) that uses either Net::CIDR::Lite to allow manual entry of
IP-based blacklists for known offending address blocks, or else using
the Geo::IP module to blacklist based on the country or ISP.

It would need to expose parts of the API depending on how it detects
the presence of modules, I suppose.

Not sure if it’s worth making run-time detection of the Geo::IP
licenses and databases do the same.

Is there a prototype Plugin that I could use for doing
parsing/looking up the URI’s hostname?  Since I’m using a local
database without network access, it could happen synchronously…

Thanks,

The standard SA URIBL.pm ?
put your data in a local NS instance (rbldnsd, bind, whatever you prefer)