On Jun 30, 2014, at 1:49 PM, Robert Fitzpatrick <rob...@webtent.org> wrote:

> John Hardin wrote:
>> On Mon, 30 Jun 2014, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
>>
>>> I have been experiencing a huge amount of spam getting through to some big
>>> target addresses, mainly from .eu and .info addresses, and would like to
>>> see if someone can find something wrong with my setup. I recently upgraded
>>> to 3.4, but still the same issue. I am using Postfix with Maia Mailguard (a
>>> forked version of amavisd-new). Here is one example, could someone test
>>> this on their own config and see how the scores compare?
>>
>> Are you doing URIBL lookups?
> Thanks, the only one I am using my our postfix setup is spamhaus, we
> discontinued spamcop after an issue with false positives. Can I ask which
> most of you are using with good results? I have skip_rbl_checks in SA set to
> zero, is there more to add?
>
> --
> Robert

I have:

  score URIBL_BLACK                     4.95

in my /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-scores.cf file (this rule is defined in:

/var/lib/spamassassin/3.004000/updates_spamassassin_org/25_uribl.cf

if that’s on your system), and:

loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::URIDNSBL

in my /etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre file (this is on Fedora 20).

If you were doing it from scratch, you might try:

  loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::URIDNSBL

  skip_rbl_checks 0

  urirhssub L_URIBL_BLACK        multi.uribl.com. A 2
  body L_URIBL_BLACK             eval:check_uridnsbl('L_URIBL_BLACK')
  describe L_URIBL_BLACK         Contains a URL listed in the URIBL blacklist
  tflags L_URIBL_BLACK           net
  score L_URIBL_BLACK            4.95

But like I said, the canned rules should already include URIBL_BLACK.

-Philip