Greetings,

We've been running Spamassassin (3.3.1 currently, concurrently with Amavis) using MySQL as a backend for many years now and we have 1 million + entries in the Bayes table. At this time, there seems to be a lot of spam getting through the filters and we currently have our spam level set to 2.5 points for users with the most spam.

A couple questions:
Does 2.5 seem excessively low?
Is it advisable to clear out the Bayes table and start from scratch?
If so, would it be wise to raise the level to 4.0 while the Bayes data retrains?

Also, since we're using MySQL as a backend the sa cli commands don't seem to work as expected, for example sa-learn --clear doesn't clean out the MySQL database, nor does running sa-learn ... seem to produce any noticeable effect in spam filtering. What am I missing?

Thanks for any insights.

--
--Asai