On 10/4/2014 4:38 PM, Yasir Assam wrote:
Thanks Reindl.

I haven't investigated ipv6 properly, but looking at my Hosting
provider's wiki and a few of my config files, it seems ipv6 is available
(I have been assigned an ipv6 subnet). I have something like this:
http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Netzkonfiguration_Debian/en#Dedicated_Servers_3

I'd rather not turn ipv6 off, but I'll need to investigate further to
see why it isn't working (with bind9 at least).

Thanks for the tip about unbound.

If you don't want to disable ipv6 completely, you can disable it for bind by adding the "-4" option to the /etc/sysconfig/named file and restarting named.

OPTIONS="-4"

This tells bind to only talk on the ipv4 network.

--
Bowie