On Fri, 2014-10-10 at 14:26 +0200, Axb wrote:
> On 10/10/2014 01:46 PM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
> > I've recently noticed what may be a new spamming technique: sending mail
> > to Yahoo Groups with an invalid group name - since Yahoo! doesnt! seem!
> > to! use! SPF, this intentional backscatter gets delivered to the forged
> > recipient address with the payload in the returned message text.
> >
> > There are two ways of recognising it:
> >
> > - the List-id: header is set to <UnknownList.yahoogroups.com>
> > - the user part of the To address is alphanumeric soup
> >

> pls pastebin a sample

Here you go:  http://pastebin.com/aqhcTZxH

I've replaced my address is these by example.com or example.isp.com but
the message is otherwise unchanged.

RW: you're right (just had another from Yahoo UK - I'm about to change
the rule to match UnknownList.yahoo

Benny: Yes they did - after all, how can they tell a bouncing message
due to a fatfingered address from one that was crafted to bounce?

The examples I've seen so far have apparently been equity pumping scams.
Is this also a common feature?

Martin