On 10/17/14, 4:13 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Thu, 2014-10-16 at 22:37 -0700, Cathryn Mataga wrote:
The score is only 1.9, 3.5 required.  What's going on here?

          URIBL_BLOCKED autolearn=disabled version=3.3.2

URIBL_BLOCKED usually means that you've exceeded the daily free use
limit on URIBL queries.

What DNS server are you using? If its a public one belonging to your ISP
or Google, that explains why the blacklists think you exceeded the free
limit: they count queries per DNS server since that's what sends the
queries to them. To avoid this you should be running a private,
non-forwarding DNS server.

I run DNS on my network. I think it should be caching, but maybe that's broken? The thing is, I've had this email at this domain name for over a decade now, no, maybe to the mid 90's? Maybe it's just that I get a HUGE amount of spam. It is a spectacular flow to watch it all go through here.

I did disable the dns black whole servers seeing this. So maybe my first instinct on this was correct. We'll see if it gets better.

Martin