the Bayesian filters with thousands (or tens of thousands) SPAM message
but only a couple hundred HAM messages?

----
Kind Regards,
David

David Flanigan
Mobile: +1.513.560.8231
E: dave<at>flanigan.net W: http://www.flanigan.net

On 2015-01-08 18:13, David B Funk wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Jan 2015, Alex Regan wrote:
> How about using a domain specifically for creating a honeypot, of you only
> need an email@address no point in registering a domain soley for this, some
> might think its better, but I see no real advantage to it over using a well
> known existing domain, infact if you examine your logs you might see one
> already there you can use, for example, I use a few
 This represents the largest problem I have, because any well-known
existing domain has zen running at SMTP level, which makes it impossible
to whitelist for a specific account. I'd have to disable RBLs at SMTP
connect time, as well as greylisting...

In sendmail, there's the "delay_checks" feature which if enabled
will postpone the RBL/blacklist & milter checks until after the 'RCPT
to:'
SMTP phase. This enables things such as 'SPAMFRIENDS' filters
in your access DB making it possible to use RBL/blacklists/milters and
still let all senders get messages to specific selected recipients
(EG "postmaster" or selected spamtrap/honeypot addresses).

--
Dave Funk University of Iowa
<dbfunk (at) engineering.uiowa.edu> College of Engineering