On Fri, 9 Jan 2015 10:15:13 +0100
MAYER Hans <ma...@iiasa.ac.at> wrote:

> What is the sequence of processing data ?
> I assume the MTA ( I am using sendmail 8.15.1 ) is receiving the
> complete e-mail and afterwards mimedefang and spamassassin is
> processing the content.

No.  The milter makes various callbacks during the SMTP session.  It's
documented here: https://www.milter.org/developers/overview

The final callback after DATA passes the milter the entire message
headers and body, but *only* exactly what was received over the wire.
It will *not* include any headers added by Sendmail or the milter, or any
other changes to the message.

If you want to check for TLS verification, you need to do it outside
SpamAssassin and pass the Sendmail macro ${verify} down into MIMEDefang.
All in all, a bit of a mess.

Regards,

David.