On 2015-05-21 16:47, Forrest wrote:
On 5/21/15 5:36 PM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
On May 21, 2015 11:08:28 PM "Bill Cole" <sausers-20150...@billmail.scconsult.com> wrote:

On 21 May 2015, at 14:42, Benny Pedersen wrote:

> Note that plus addressing, users can only subscribe, is 2 + valid in
> mailto: ?

Sure, why not? See RFC's 821, 822, 2821, 2822, 5321, and 5322 :)

There is nothing special about '+' in an email address in SMTP or in the email data format. It is only special to some delivery agents that may
be configured to treat it specially.

Here my mail client replaced + with a space char so ended to a invalid addr, why would anyone like to reply to 3rd party spammers to unsubscribe, well nice to see that my mail client does not support this even if its a bug in rfc

These spammers have been active on Google Groups for a while -- why
they haven't been shut down is beyond me. But, does anyone know what
alerts or other info a Groups admin gets with people who unsubscribe?
   If anything, they are clever in exploiting the Google service to do
all their bidding, seemingly without any notice from Google.  You
can't even get to the groups page.
Lot's of Java and other apps that validate e-mail addresses think the + sign is a URL encoded SPACE and REJECT it. :(

RFC's be damned.

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: l...@lerctr.org
US Mail: 108 Turvey Cove, Hutto, TX 78634-5688