EmailReg.org operates a whitelist, so you pay to get listed there.  The site
doesn't say much at all about what sort of verification or later delisting for
spam they might do.

However, they are promoted directly on the "Sorry, your email was blocked" page
for Barracuda Reputation, and the page explicitly says that if you register at
EmailReg.org then you'll bypass the BRBL.

There is a murky relationship between Barracuda and EmailReg.  It's awfully
suspicious that signing up on whitelist X clears you from "unrelated" blacklist
Y.

So, it may not be "paying to delist one IP" in framing, but in action it seems
to be pretty darn close to that...

--Jered