On 9/15/2015 3:55 AM, Nathan wrote:
What I am finding is any config saved in the "/etc/mail/spamassassin/" folder is loaded during a "spamassassin --lint
-D" but ignored during operations.  For example I have a "addresses.cf" file for whitelist_to & from as well as
blacklisted_to & from and these are simply ignored, no 100 or -100 score is added to the email header report.  I've also got a
"latestspam.cf" that I've hand written to block the latest breed of spams that I find an "sa-update" doesn't correct,
again these are ignored.

I've managed to get my local rules going again by moving the contents of these files into "
/var/lib/spamassassin/3.003001/updates_spamassassin_org/local.cf" so my users aren't screaming
at me anymore, this is confirmed using a "blacklist_from" and a 100 score is added.  This
is a fine temporary fix, but I would love for this directory to start working correctly again and
to separate these data sets, for synchronization and update proposes.

Exim is talking to the spamassassin process by using 127.0.0.1:783, and I've
confirmed this connection, as when I stop the SA process, Exim complains it is
missing in action.

I have checked all the files in "/etc/mail/spamassassin/" in case something isn't toggled correct
but I'm wondering where SA looks initially for it configuration folders.  I.E. how does it know about the
"/var/lib/spamassassin/3.003001/updates_spamassassin_org/" folder?  I feel as if I'm missing a
master configuration file somewhere.  Or is anyone aware what would be making SA ignore my local.cf file in
the expected LOCAL_RULES_DIR as listed in the "lint".

It sounds like it might be an issue with your init script. Check the init script for spamassassin and see if it is starting spamd with a '--siteconfigpath' option or similar. You may also need to check in /etc/sysconfig if your init script pulls anything from there.

--
Bowie