Hi,

I'm having some problems with SPF and hoped someone could help me to
understand. I've just set up SPF for a domain and now trying to make
sure that spamassassin for that domain is properly blocking/scoring
mail attempting to spoof the envelope sender.

I'm seeing a number of emails hit T_SPF_PERMERROR, but not SPF_FAIL. I
know SPF_FAIL is a broad rule that doesn't specifically mean SPF
failed for my domain.

I'm seeking a rule that will hit when someone attempts to send mail as
my domain without going through one of my mail servers.

I've investigated a number of the SPF records for which the
T_SPF_PERMERROR hits, and it looks to be malformed SPF records.
However, it's also hit occasionally on my domain. What are the
conditions under which this rule would hit?

Do I need to write a meta that somehow combines SPF_FAIL with my
domain to generate a rule that can be used to score spoof/phishing
emails for my domain?

Should I be able to run an email through "spamassassin -t -D" and have
it evaluate SPF? It seems that once it's received, it's no longer
possible:

Dec  8 22:46:30.700 [19165] dbg: spf: already checked for Received-SPF
headers, proceeding with DNS based checks
Dec  8 22:46:30.700 [19165] dbg: spf: relayed through one or more
trusted relays, cannot use header-based Envelope-From, skipping

I'm using postfix, and will probably eventually reject mail that fails
SPF there, but was having some problems with the current pyspf code,
and would just like to use spamassassin for now.

Thanks,
Alex