On Wed, 2015-12-09 at 09:44 -0500, Alex wrote:
> My main problem is understanding how to build a rule to block
> spoofing attempts against my own domain? Do I need to build a meta
> that combines envelope FROM with SPF_FAIL?

Don't forget that SPF fails and errors will always be related to the
*senders* SPF record.

If you use either SPF checker against your own SPF record all you're
doing is making sure that your SPF record is validly constructed and
correctly describes your domain, its MX records and IP range so that
third parties can avoid hitting you with backscatter when your address
has been forged as the sender of undeliverable spam.

To do what you're currently trying to do:

1) use 'dig' to manually inspect the sender's SPF record using either
the envelope sender domain or the sender domain from the earliest
From: header - if the message is spam its probably forged.

or

2) use either of those SPF tools to inspect the sending domain's SPF
record where 'sender domain' is as described in (1). The tools will say
whether the SPF record is junk or not and, if valid, comparing it with
the output from 'host' or 'dig example.com ANY' will tell you if its
content correctly describes the sender.

Martin