On 12/12/15 09:36, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Sat, 2015-12-12 at 08:49 -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:

I can put redis in thew yum exception list

Or, you can install your self-built version in /usr/local/bin and
adjust $PATH so it preceeds /usr and /usr/bin. This will protect your
version from yum or dnf updates.

Then keep an eye on subsequent updates and remove your version if/when
yum or dnf delivers a more recent version.

Martin

Actually I did rpm -e --justdb to take it out so it doesn't get updated.

BTW - this is working GREAT. I'm thinking about learning redis and doing interesting things with it.

--
Marc Perkel - Sales/Support
supp...@junkemailfilter.com