On Tue, 2015-12-15 at 23:25 +0100, Juerg Reimann wrote:
> I have a domain which gets a lot of spam to non-existent addresses. I
> thought why not set that domain to catch-all and feed all non
> -existent
> addresses directly to spamassassin. Any thoughts why this could be a
> bad
> idea? Of course any typos from real senders would also end up in sa,
> however, I believe that's in this case negligible...

That's exactly what I do.

However, I also have:
- an ISP that runs grey-listing that I have enabled
- a private SA rule that adds points for unknown user names
- a quarantine system that holds spam for 7 days before
  deleting it and that lists quarantined messages and stats
  as part of the daily logwatch report.

... so the very small amount of misclassified spam isn't lost.

Martin